General Discussion Login | Sign Up
Latest Reply
How Grandparents spend their Days
naturalfoodjunky - 2018-12-06
Ever get a frantic request from your child as to something his/her child, your grandchild, needs and they need it like now? I got one of those requests for a pair of black, foo foo girlie girl shoes to wear in a Christmas play on Saturday morning because her parents had exhausted their search in stores in their area. And I was off like friggin Rudolf in search of black, foo foo girlie girl shoes
 61 F
After a few hours I found the shoes!!! Sent pics to her mom. Was all relieved that she'd have the shoes. Headed for home all happy. THEN THE PHONE RANG
 61 F
Mom, they've changed their minds. She needs those shoes, but they have to be GOLD. I didn't recall seeing GOLD foo foo girlie girl shoes so I was back at square one
 61 F
So I drove home, grabbed more coffee, let the dogs out, then hopped back in the car. I sat there wondering where in the sandhill am I gonna find GOLD foo foo girlie girl shoes. Lol.
 61 F
I ended up in NASHVILLE (2 1/2 hours away), spending 80 bucks plus tax on a pair of shoes that she'll likely wear once. But, that darling little angel, who is portraying an angel, WILL be wearing GOLD foo foo girlie girl shoes.
 61 F
PhuKurban - 2018-12-06
Stop at the auto parts store n get sum plasti-cote gold spray paint.
 53 M
I called her mom. I found the shoes. Now she has them in both colors. My daughter, God love her, says Mom, you're the best Mom and Grandma ever, and we love you. That totally made my not only my day, but my Christmas.
 61 F
Family is such a blessing!!!!!
 61 F
Velcroooo, grrr. Lol
 61 F
OkieMmm - 2018-12-06
They give you gas money??? Lol jk
 52 M
celsius-1 - 2018-12-06
good job nfj'